Monitor system resources and the top processes using those resources.
Show CPU load, temperature, disk and network IO rates in a small top panel text string.
Click to show a larger window with details of system resource loads and top processes.
Resources monitored: CPU, memory, file cache, hard and soft page faults, disk IO, network IO.
Shows topmost processes fitting within the window size. Optionally select only processes
matching given users, PIDs, or program names. Select and kill an errant process.
- Overall system and top process resources are shown on one page.
- CPU, memory, disk I/O, network I/O, and page faults are monitored.
- The highest ranked processes fitting in the window are shown.
- Minimal jumping around between samples (easier to follow a process).
- Process rank: weighted sum of recent CPU, hard page faults, disk I/O.
- Filter processes by user, PID, or program name. Multiple entries OK.
- Run as root via toolbar button (after password entry).
- Click on a process to kill the process (after confirmation).