This is (yet another) program to search for files, but it works differently.
Findwild offers the following search criteria:
The search criteria can be tuned to narrow the search by excluding
unwanted paths / files / strings included in an initial search.
Combinations of wanted and unwanted strings can be specified at the file
and record level. Search the results of a prior search with new
criteria (narrow the search, stepwise, with fast response). Search
criteria can be saved in a file and recalled to edit and use again.
- directory path to search, with multiple wildcards placed anywhere
- file name(s) to search for, with multiple wildcards anywhere
- file name(s) to exclude, with multiple wildcards anywhere
- file content string(s) to search for, with multiple wildcards anywhere
- file content string(s) to exclude, with multiple wildcards anywhere
- file modification date within a desired range
- delimiters for the strings to be searched (defaults provided)
- file name and search string matching can optionally ignore upper/lower case