Monitor system resources and the top processes using those resources.
CPU load, temperature, and disk and network IO rates in a small window
that can fit in a panel. Click to show a larger window with details of
system resource loadings and the top processes using those resources.
Resources monitored: CPU, memory, file cache, hard and soft page faults,
disk IO, network IO. Shows topmost processes fitting within the window
size. Optionally select only processes matching a given user, PID, or
program name. Select and kill an errant process. Scale: 100% CPU = 1.0
processor core load.
- Overall system and top process resources are shown on one page.
- CPU, memory, disk I/O, network I/O, and page faults are monitored.
- The highest ranked processes fitting in the window are shown.
- Minimal jumping around between samples (easy to follow a process).
- Process rank is a weighted sum of recent CPU, hard page faults, and disk I/O.
- Filter processes by user, PID, or program name.
- Run as root via toolbar button (after password entry).
- Click on a process to kill the process (after confirmation).